AWSC now offers cutting edge rehab programs composed of Power Plate technology to help patients get stronger, healthier and more flexible.
Power Plate machines use the principles of Acceleration Training to stimulate the body’s natural response to vibration. These vibrations transmit waves of energy throughout the body, activating muscle contractions between 25 and 50 times per second, enhancing overall performance in sessions as short as 15 minutes a day, 3 times a week.
Acceleration Training with Power Plate machines creates instability in the human body, as with each vibration the body is forced to perform reflexive muscle actions, multiple times per second. Furthermore, these contractions must work in multiple dimensions as the Power Plate machines actually oscillate in all three planes, exactly as the human body is designed to do. The net result is an incredible improvement in force production, or strength and power.
Power Plate Training offers a host of benefits including:
- Strength: Improves muscle tone, builds explosive power and endurance.
- Flexibility: Increase range of motion, coordination, balance and stability.
- Circulation: Improves and increases blood flow to strengthen the cardiovascular system.
- Weight Loss: Reduces body fat and enhances metabolism.
- Cellulite Reduction: Diminishes the appearance of cellulite.
- Build Bone Density: Increases bone density and prevents bone loss related to aging.
- Alleviate Pain: Promotes faster recovery, decreases pain and improves joint function.