For dessert, we are bringing tons of healthy colors to the plate. We like eating foods colorful like the rainbow so this dish is perfect for us and St. Patrick’s Day! It’s called a Rainbow Fruit Platter and even has a lucky “pot of gold” at the end of it. It is very easy to make, adorable to look at, and even more delicious to eat!
- 1 cup of red fruit: watermelon, strawberries, raspberries,
- 1 cup of orange fruit: oranges, clementines, tangerines, mango
- 1 cup of yellow fruit: bananas, pineapple
- 1 cup of green fruit: green grapes, kiwi, honeydew
- 1 cup of blue fruit: blueberries
- 1 purple fruit: purple grapes
- 1 bag of chocolate candy: Reeses, Rolls, Kisses
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
This is a very customizable dish, so feel free to incorporate different fruits and candy alternatives. It is easy to make this dish uniquely yours.
- Wash all of your fruit
- Cut your fruit into bite-sized pieces and pluck your grapes from their vine
- Arrange your fruit in a rainbow format, starting with your red fruits, then orange, then yellow, green, blue, and purple fruits. (Red being the outermost ring and purple being the innermost ring)
- Place your mini marshmallows at one end of the rainbow, mimicking a cloud.
- Then place your chocolate candy choice at the other end, representing a pot of gold.
Get your green on this week, not just in what you wear but on your plate as well! We hope you enjoy these recipes and that you have a happy and healthy St. Patrick’s Day!